Having old bananas is a brilliant excuse to make a cake.
Not that you need an excuse but it somehow makes one feel like a domestic goddess (god) in your resourcefulness.
This is a great recipe for those that like their banana bread dense and moist.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Turn your oven on to 170C.
- Mash your over ripe bananas.
- Melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, then the egg, mix well.
- Sift in the flour and stir in the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, even out with a spatula.
- Pop into preheated oven for 35 mins, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let them eat cake! (bread)
**I'd add an extra banana to make it that much bit squishier!