150g pot natural yogurt
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g caster sugar
140g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g ground almonds
175g melted butter
250g pot marscarpone
Icing sugar to taste
Rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 punnet of plums
blueberries to decorate
3x 20cm cake tins
A great party piece cake, that lasts a bit longer than your average all butter cake, it's the yogurt keeping it real.
- Prep your cake tins with greaseproof paper and pop the oven on to 180C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract together in a jug.
- Add the wet mix and the melted butter to the dry mix until it's combined. Don't over mix it! I know it's fun.
- Try to separate the mix out as equally as you can between the three tins.
- Bake for approx 18 mins, until golden and springy. Cool on racks.
- Slice the plums into appropriate sizes, pour the juice of 1 lemon over them and some caster sugar, let them sit.
- Combine marscarpone with sifted icing sugar and lemon rind to taste. Everyone likes it differently, ey.
- Once the cakes are totally room temp start to build.
- Arrange the plums and blueberries in your own style :)